Friday, February 5, 2010

Freedom to Believe by Casheyesblond

I wrote something in abstract awhile back which I believe reflects upon your opening post;

When Freedom Is Not Just Another Word(abstract thoughts)


Freedom of emotions...
Freedom of thoughts...to roam--
Anxiety...sleep is hard to find me.

Certain madness ...absolute joy.
Just tolerable...one feels empty.
Inspiration is a close friend.
One pass ego...not about me.
Eyes have been washed...so I could see.
Conform to mainstream...no longer viewed as a delusional fool.


~casheyesblond~


I do not wish to conform my thoughts because freedom will then suddenly become just another word to me.So should another consider me as someone that is delusional that embraces a certain madness then let this think whatever he/she chooses for indeed,*if* it is madness,I am never wanting to be cured from such sensational delight,inspiration and thoughts with freedom to roam taking me to place where I believe creativity and the riddle itself breathes.--nope ya want catch me riding the fence of intellectual freedom either.

In other words,as critical thinker I do understand one must maintain an air of skepticism but there will always be that skeptic that denounces everything if ya know what I mean.
To quote Chesterton again," By rebelling against everything he has lost his right to rebel against anything."

What is the direction I am going with this? There are some that will insist on allowing skepticism itself to carry them to this polarization of a "us and them" mentality while spouting off anti-religious attitudes.

I would like to quote Carl Sagan to further these thoughts;.

from the following material and link;
Carl Sagans life and legacy as scientist, teacher, and skeptic

  • While vigorously advocating the concepts of scientific skepticism, Sagan also raised questions about strategy. He wrote that “The chief difficulty I see in the skeptical movement is in its polarization: Us vs. Them—the sense that we [skeptics] have a monopoly on the truth; that those other people who believe all these stupid doctrines are morons.” He was especially troubled by anti-religious attitudes. While not a believer himself, Sagan had constructive interactions with religious leaders, including the Pope and the Dalai Lama. He wrote “There is no necessary conflict between science and religion. On one level, they share similar and consonant goals, and each needs the other.”



back to the original post/acting_out

  • You just had an encounter with a celestial, and you've been told something that goes against all known logic and reason.


(note the quotation marks)
"logical reasoning is not an absolute law which governs the universe"

"logic is not a set of rules which govern human behavior"

In other words,there are those times that we seek that which is not always deemed rational and as an example,love is not rational--but as my profiles reads,one desires it,wants it,needs it just the same.

Let look at the laws of nature...this is something one can not explain but one may still yet simply say, 'it just is' while another would surrender to the possibility of something beyond us--transcendence.

And just as the earth humbles herself(choice of pronoun usage) to the laws of nature,I am someone that humbles myself to what I believe to be all that which is beyond us.

And imo,the one that is never free is simply the one riding the fence,spouting off with verbal acuity instead of mental acuity while refusing to at least from time to time,to entertain thoughts of the "possibility" ya know what I mean.

There is this song I like a lot called "Hanging by a Thread"...here's some of the lyrics to the song;

There's a certain kind of pain that can numb you
There's a type of freedom that can tie you down
Sometimes the unexplained can define you
And sometimes the silence is the only sound

No comments:

Post a Comment