Saturday, April 11, 2009

Social Conditioning

We have been given many ways of teaching either through example like monkey see and monkey do or through all forms of communication the forms of communication that I have learned about include:

Thinking:



  1. Verbal


    1. Writing

    2. Song or Poem



  2. Non-verbal


    1. Body Language

    2. Intuition (Reading the world and people around you)





The term social conditioning was used in a book that I was reading called Standing on One foot it was a bunch of testimonies of blind people published by Kernel book in 1994.

It struck me odd that I was reading a book about blindness and seeing all of the blindness that sighted people have.

We are conditioned at an early age at least most of us are to accept the things in the world around us as a given when in fact we have a great ability to bring about a great change to make our world a safer place for the majority of people who don't have to suffer unnecessarily.

We need to work together to stop that element that causes suffering from controlling our lives and our minds.

It is sad that I not only have to deal with abuse, the abuse also includes drugs that are going to make exposing the truth that much harder.

This post is linked to these two other posts:

  1. The Bigger Picture-Reading the Signs by Goth

  2. Bang by TGWB



Leave it to me to scatter the seed like feeding the virgin chickens... (Haahaahaa)

What you bring up is a very relevant thought process both Blue and Goth you have broadened my understanding and you have also opened the door for the topic that I wasn't sure if I should put here or there, but here I am and I see how relevant this topic will be at this very moment.

In fact now that I have learned more about [ BB Code ] I'm going to do my post bringing them together...

No comments:

Post a Comment