Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tony Stewart Vs. Kyle Busch

On my ride home I was listening to the Nascar race on the radio I had heard the preview while driving to the Grandview Speedway. There were about 30 laps left in the Daytona Firecracker 400 and I was itching to see how the race would end. So I found a place where I could watch the last several laps and to my surprise it was quite a shoot out.

The man of the season last year wanting to obtain the bad boy status had found his way to the front of the field but little did Kyle Busch know that he was not racing against Davey Allison. It was Tony Stewart that Kyle had managed to get in front of and on the Daytona track there is no running away with the lead. The aggressive nature of competition in racing played out like my life unfolding before my eyes. They say that everything is fair in the last lap, but is everything really fair? It is in my consciousness to know the difference between right and wrong. In a clean race Tony would have loosened Kyle up and driven up along side and hard down to the finish line, the kind of conduct of a true champion like Davey the other guy would have had a chance instead of being punted into the wall. My life was punted into the wall and the system approved of the actions of others even though many would be damaged.

Good sportsmanship and doing the right thing, is this really a foreign concept?

There are two paths you can go down...

  • One leads to joy and happiness where all come away winners

  • The other path leads to destruction.



Back To:
  • Nascar
  • Indexing and Organizing my Writings
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment