Saturday, October 24, 2009

Witness Witness's.... I guess I am just me...

Part 2 a Witness witnesses

7-6-2003

I pull in for dinner for the family to night at a local restaurant... and I see two men arguing... Now these two men and there argument gets more intense... I could see a fight brewing so the wife took the children away while I observed what was happening... As things would progress I called 911... As usual it seemed like it would take the police forever to respond... While waiting the fight grew more intense the older man was beating up the younger man and the two settled down a little the older man proceeded to get in his vehicle to leave and the younger man punched out the back window of the vehicle with his fist...

The younger man then attempted to leave the scene and was convinced to stay... Or at least slowed down where the young man changed directions it seemed he had friends in a shoe store he went in they had a short conversation and the young man then proceeded to leave... Running up and away he was easy for me to keep up with, I tailed his travels keeping an eye on where he was going... So much for dinner... The young man quickly realized that there was a large fence surrounding the parking lot and with his arm bleeding slightly I guess he figured it was better to go around the fence and again I stayed with him asking why the two were fighting? What sparked the fight? Finally realizing that he was near the end of the fence and would soon be free I asked him what drugs he was on? I was getting some responses throughout the whole episode from the young man one thing he tried to make very clear was that I didn't know him... Well that was true I didn't know him until my evening was disturbed by his and his associates' aggressive behaviors...

I called back to find out where the police were and give a description of the young man to one of the two arriving officers... And then the officer took off looking for the young man I went over to the other officer attending to the story of the older man... The one with the broken rear window... Where the young mans friend was also...

Information was being gathered about the two and finally my chance to elaborate on what had transpired... I told it like I saw it...
Don't you pity the poor police officer? Having to listen to me...

Well after all had settled down I went in to join my family and eat...
While eating I realized that the older man was likely to only get a reprimand for not just getting into his vehicle and driving off instead of getting involved with this younger man... Well the thought sat there all through dinner and finally a light bulb went off... If I was charged for disorderly conduct for something that I said that I didn't say... (It was all made up by the detective at the scene of the incident that I was involved in to say that I would use profanity at the scene of my incident) Well then Why couldn't both of these individuals be charged with disorderly conduct for they were not only yelling profanities they actually hit each other... I couldn't tell who started their fight but they both were definitely into getting their punches in on each other... Now here is a case of social abuse fighting and destroying property they are both at fault and I'll bet the young 'kid' takes the wrap on this himself... But the older man certainly could have handled the situation much better...

So here is the Big Dollar Question...
Why is there so much violence in society?
Why do we teach such violence?
Why do we allow such violence?

Thinking is it just me thinking... Staying far enough away but willing still to get involved... Thinking...

Back To:

No comments:

Post a Comment