Thursday, October 29, 2009

Contact with the Eastern District Federal Court (10-19, 20 & 10-29) 2009

On Monday 10-19-2009 around 11:40 AM I called the Federal Court house and was directed to a Voice Mail account of the clerk that would be responsible for handling my case.

On Tuesday 10-20-2009 I called the Court again around 11:30 AM and I was able to explain that the United States Postal Service (USPS) had lost correspondence that I was trying to mail to the Judge back on July 20, 2009 and also two letters that I had sent to the Judge and the Clerk of Court on September 29, 2009. I asked about if the Court had a recess in the summer or if the hours of operation continued all year round. In our conversation I was invited to bring copies of my letters to the Court house to be put in an appropriate box according to my case number on the counter in the Office of the Clerk.

I printed off the copies of the letters that I wished to share with the Court, all three letters. Then I prepared myself for a trip to the Philadelphia, Federal Court House.

A few hours later around 4:00 PM I had delivered my mail and promptly called the supervisor of the local branch of my Post Office that I had contacted to let him know that I had hand delivered my letters.

I paid for my space in the parking garage and almost forgot to get a receipt.

On Thursday 10-29-2009 I made a phone call to the Federal Court around 4:20 PM and spoke with the Clerk handling my case again. I question what the status of the letters was and to make sure that both the amendment and the motion for a hearing were both clearly identified. The phone call took about 10minutes. I did not ask any details on my correspondence with respect to the order to dismiss my case, and in deed that letter contained the time line to validate that my filing was with in the statute of limitations the reason or issue that the Judge was ready and willing to dismiss my case with prejudice and order closed.

Now, I am back to waiting for more information maybe a decision that once again we can proceed.

Back To:
  1. Path to Federal Court
  2. Time Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment