Sunday, September 6, 2009

How to Drive

Driving Tips

There is a post around here about things that I hate... Maybe instead of putting these thoughts here in this format they might be better linked to that post as well?

  1. In the news today an article discusses the Right Turn on Red issue; it is especially bothersome to people who get the left turn green directional arrow and how they have to wait while other drivers are making right turns on red without yielding to oncoming traffic or not stopping and looking before proceeding.


  2. The other day I was driving my work truck through the major expressways in the city of Philadelphia, while entering onto the highway the entrance ramp also became the exit ramp for the next exit on the highway. There I was getting to the merge point to make the lane change and move over to the left one lane over and out of the exit lane. The car behind me impatiently passes into that left lane and along side of my vehicle. I clearly signaled my intentions and the other cars in that lane tried to box me in so that I couldn't make the necessary lane change to get my vehicle out of the exit lane. When I finally managed to maneuver there was that all too common honking of car horns as though I did something wrong. Maybe it is wrong for me to exist...


  3. Intersections that are not marked in a way to get the large vehicle I drive through without having to back up... Can you say danger?


  4. Have you tailgated lately? This link is a poem that might bring you some inspiration to be a better driver.


Back To:

  1. How To
  2. Indexing and Organizing My Writings and Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment