Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Threw My Bible Into the Trash

Submitted by realityaudit on Wed, 09/19/2007 - 18:31.
I really thought about it and I decided that I don't like religion. I don't like brainwashing, so I threw my Bible into the trash.

I have to tell you...
Submitted by TheGreatWhiteBuffalo on Wed, 09/19/2007 - 18:49.
Taking all the verses that are used to bend our thoughts in different directions putting down the Bible and following your good heart might be the best thing a violated victim can do.
We are violated when we are victimized and recognize the brainwashing and twisting, the duality, the hypocrisy and the contradictions.
Like being counter intuitive sometimes you have to do things that don't quite look right to get to the truth.
Normally I draw the forks out of material I drop off. I draw the forks back to the vehicle or tower. But the other day I would have been better identifying that if I sweep the forks away from the tower or vehicle I wouldn't fight so much with the overhead tree limbs. A good operator would know the best way to work efficiently, alas; I have developed habits that are hard to break. Looking back at the instant that I knew, I learned and will think more critically next time, or so I hope I will.
But this counter intuitive thought can be applied to the Bible the key question is this really the will of GOD?
Maybe a new look will open your eyes for the real good stuff that exists. Now that you know the absurd stuff that is not healthy.
I have a lot of thoughts from beginning to end.
I'd like to take another look at the Creation story to think on a procreative thought about the story of the fall of people.
There has been a lot written on this subject already and in due time I hope to cover more on those topics.
Peace,


"God's so called will"
Submitted by realityaudit on Wed, 09/19/2007 - 19:31.
Everybody's "God's will" is only something else to argue about. It isn't that important and I am tired of reading about religion. It is a waste of time and energy. The Bible is the same old stories...and there are millions, maybe billions of copies of the same old holy stories.


Well if the world isn't any different today than it was 2000 or?
Submitted by TheGreatWhiteBuffalo on Wed, 09/19/2007 - 19:47.
5,000 years ago, then we are repeating the same old stories, maybe we need to revist them same old stories and look for another way out of the cycle or loop that keeps repeating itself.
Let's start at the beginning again, let's look at the events recorded about creation? Do we know more today than they did way back then?
New technology reveals new things, especially in the universe.


Who is "we"?
Submitted by realityaudit on Wed, 09/19/2007 - 21:35.
Who is "we"?
I am tired of the brainwashing.



Brainwashing?
Submitted by BishopBigans on Thu, 09/20/2007 - 02:41.
How can a book brainwash you? A person an only be "Brainwashed" by another person, and only if the former is weak-minded. I don't think that the fact that I believe in God means I have been brainwashed.

I book cannot brainwash you and
Submitted by realityaudit on Thu, 09/20/2007 - 23:47.
Many people believe in God, and their God fits all different descriptions. And the God authorities (church figures, and leaders from other religions) seem to know exactly what God's will is for everyone else.
You have the right to believe what you want, but don't force it on me.
I have read enough of the Bible to form my opinion that it is a bood filled with holes. And I have the right to say that.
Al Quaida isn't brainwashed either? Ask them. Religion begets extremists and they don't know they are brainwashed.
Some people are adept at brainwashing. Hitler was one of the best at brainwashing (of course, I don't believe he was a good person at all); are you saying that all of the German people at that time were weak minded? I don't believe they were.


Bible does not teach religion
Submitted by Darius on Fri, 09/21/2007 - 01:54.
I at one time in my life was brainwashed by a religion, but the bible or God for that matter didn't have anything to do with it. I read my bible of course but God communicates in many ways not just his written word. We all have been blessed with the ability to reason and use logic to see past religion so we can have a personal relationship with our loving creator. All through history people have been abused by the religious(self righteous) and have tried to force others to believe as they do but God does not teach use to act that way. He expects use to love others regardless of their race,social bracket,income etc; showing by our example how to live as his chidren. We might try to convince ourselves otherwise but we all sin,we all are only saved by grace, not anything we do or say. Many have come into a relationship with God having never read the bible, the Holy Spirit leads us to the truth about God. Nothing will ever convince me that God doesn't love me because I have seen with my own eyes miracles and I know what I was without him. Keep the faith.



Back To:

  1. Social Sciences
  2. Organized Religion
  3. Indexing and Organizing My Writings and Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment